How to take better photos in your school when you have to do it yourself
A module-by-module course aimed specifically at school marketing managers through a series of videos that enable you to binge-watch (Netflix-style) and learn at your own pace.
After working with over 750 schools since 2012 it's time to share everything I've learned about photographing for school marketing with the very people who need it the most.
So if you're a school marketing manager and sometimes have to take photos in your school then this training course might be just what you need.
This training course will help school marketing teams (and other staff) learn everything they need to know to become better photographers around their school.
See below for some of the modules. Click the down-arrow to see them all 😎
- Video 1: Introduction (2:44)
- Video 2: If your budget is £500 (7:26)
- Video 3: If your budget is £1000 (4:56)
- Video 4: If your budget is £1500 (9:07)
- Video 5: Using flash on your camera (9:22)
- Video 6: All about ISO, aperture, shutter speed (13:49)
- Video 7: Exposure compensation (not as scary as it sounds) (8:10)
- Video 1: Introduction (3:55)
- Video 2: Where to shoot (and with which settings) (5:44)
- Video 3: How to shoot the SLT member (4:17)
- Video 4: Where outside should you take a photo? (8:39)
- Video 5: How to position someone (7:25)
- Video 6: When you have to shoot inside (6:36)
- Video 7: Four last points... (5:01)
- Video 1: Introduction and basics (3:34)
- Video 2: In a classroom (13:32)
- Video 3: Photographing sport (14:07)
- Video 4: Photographing music, art, DT, computing, science... (9:51)
- Video 5: Photographing breaktime (10:06)
- Video 6a: The best camera settings for each place (13:02)
- Video 6b: The best camera settings for each place (12:07)
- Video 1: Introduction (2:16)
- Video 2: Photoshop and Lightroom (5:55)
- Video 3: The main tools to use for image impact (13:05)
- Video 4a: Processing images with Simon (part 1) (10:30)
- Video 4b: Processing images with Simon (part 2) (10:47)
- Video 4c: Processing images with Simon (part 3) (12:29)
- Video 5: Handling images after processing (7:44)
Ten modules. All aimed at school marketing managers.
Hi, I’m Simon... 🇬🇧
I started photographing for school marketing managers back in 2012. Before that I was a marketing manager myself for a company that supplied independent schools with software. I wasn't so keen on the product but I loved working with schools!
Since 2012 I've worked with over 750 schools across the UK and overseas too.
And now I want to share that learning I've acquired with others in schools everywhere.
Payment via BACS instead?
Everything is possible.
You can choose to pay by BACS with a regular invoice if that's easier than a credit card.
Just email Simon at [email protected] and he can sort this out for you 😎
Learning that suits your school
This course is specifically tailored to the schools market, and in particular school marketing teams so they can take better photos.
With a solid background as a marketing manager, Simon talks your language and is in tune with the needs of school marketing managers today.
Keeping it fun
Married with two children, Simon is 100% a family man. His daughters remind him (daily) what life is like for children in 21st century schools.